2011/05/01

belonging to the English world

Just read my blog again and found that at the first time I wanted to practice English by using for writing articles. In some of the earlier posts, I did lol. but it's kind of really odd that non-native uses English for just writing posts if he/she doesn't  expect many foreign people visit. I mainly show this blog to Japanese. It's obvious Japanese people feel more comfortable with reading Japanese than with English. So when we specially use English, it's natural we need particular aim for it.

Then why i use english on this post... recently I have some opportunities to read English to know about k-pop. of course I feel strange to know Korean people with English. It's because reading English is the easiest and the fastest way to get information for me.

The fans of k-pop are from many countries like Japan, Thailand, US, China, Vietnam etc. You can see various kinds of subtitles putting on Korean on YouTube.  Among them, English version is the fastest and I'm familiar with it the most (except Japanese, of course). On tumblr, I also read all of about Super Junior in English. It means in their conversation, in twitter posts and in interviews of magazine, they always speak English in my mind lol  I really can't understand Korean or Chinese, so it's like they're native English speakers even I'm watching they're talking in their language.

To know about something of foreign country, learning the language spoken in the country is the best. However, English always becomes the shortcut. I'm happy I can understand English at some level. It makes the world easier, and simpler.

On the other hand, I love to see some languages I can't understand at all like Korean, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and so on. They're totally different from Japanese and English both phonetically and literary. For me they're just like pictures or meaningless patterns. Hope someday I can handle at least one of them.

Don't have any conclusion. Just thought how I am surrounded by English.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿